Intaglio Mint - Sons of Liberty: Liberty Tree - BU (2oz Silver)
- Country: United States
- Period: Federal Republic (1776-Date)
- Type: Silver Bullion
- Mint: Intaglio Mint - Waco, Texas
- Composition: .999 Silver
- Diameter: 39mm
- Weight: 62.2g
- Edge: Reeded
- Condition: Brilliant Uncirculated - BU
- Obverse: A detailed depiction of one of the original Son’s of Liberty kneeling with a musket in hand, with an early American flag in the background
- Reverse: The Liberty Tree on a background of radials and stars, with a rattlesnake coiled around the trunk. A banner across the lower circumference draping over muskets on the left and right bearing the words “DEFENDING THE TREE OF LIBERTY.” Hallmark split across both right and left sides
Prior to the American Revolution, there were many instances and individuals who were passionately involved in the protection of the Thirteen American Colonies. One such organization that was created was the Sons of Liberty, a secret society formed to fight taxation by the British government, playing a major role in the Stamp Act in 1765.
As a formal underground organization, the Sons of Liberty promoted a unified inter-Colonial effort resisting taxes and laws whose motto became “No taxation without representation”. They would often issue anonymous summons to a “Liberty Tree” for public meetings with well-known organizers and leaders such as Samuel Adams, John Hancock, Paul Revere, and the now infamous traitor Benedict Arnold.
Celebrate the liberty movement with this beautifully designed two-ounce silver Sons of Liberty round from the Intaglio Mint.
*Coin condition is based on our professional opinion. Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers may vary*