Intaglio Mint - Molon Labe (Type V) - BU (2oz Silver)
- Country: United States
- Period: Federal Republic (1776-Date)
- Type: Silver Bullion
- Mint: Intaglio Mint - Waco, Texas
- Composition: .999 Silver
- Diameter: 39mm
- Weight: 62.2g
- Edge: Reeded
- Condition: Brilliant Uncirculated - BU
- Obverse: The detailed depiction of a wounded soldier in Spartan regalia with a spear in hand while clutching the neck of an enemy soldier in the heat of battle. “MOLON LABE” around the bottom circumference
- Reverse: Intaglio Mint logo set on radial burst surrounded by stippled border reading “TWO TROY OUNCE” above and “.999 FINE SILVER” below on textured background, flanked by mintage year in roman numerals “MMXXI”
Molon Labe, meaning “come and take it” is a traditional Greek phrase expressing defiance, believed to be spoken by the Spartan King Leonidas when the Persian armies demanded the surrender of their weapons. The expression is commemorated in this one-ounce silver art medal.
Unleash your inner spartan with the heroically designed Molon Labe collection designed two-ounce silver rounds from the Intaglio Mint.
*Coin condition is based on our professional opinion. Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers may vary*