Intaglio Mint - Horror Series: The Mummy - BU (2oz Silver)
- Country: United States
- Period: Federal Republic (1776-Date)
- Type: Silver Bullion
- Mint: Intaglio Mint - Waco, Texas
- Composition: .999 Silver
- Diameter: 39mm
- Weight: 62.2g
- Edge: Reeded
- Condition: Brilliant Uncirculated - BU
- Obverse: A depiction of the Mummy with snakes on each arm
- Reverse: Intaglio Mint logo set on radial burst surrounded by stippled border reading “TWO TROY OUNCE” above and “.999 FINE SILVER” below on textured background, flanked by mintage year in roman numerals
Unlike Frankenstein’s monster or Count Dracula, The Mummy was a character created specifically for film. However, the famous monster was inspired by a number of real-life events. The popularity and success of Universal Studios’ Dracula and Frankenstein films pushed the producers to find new characters for additional films. In 1922, archeologist Howard Carter discovered the tomb of the ancient Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamun, more commonly known as King Tut. This discovery and opening of the tomb was well-publicized at the time, and it sparked worldwide interest in ancient Egypt when mysterious happenings began occurring shortly after. On the day Carter opened the tomb, it was reported that he sent a boy on an errand at his residence, and the boy found a cobra had eaten Carter’s pet canary. The Cobra was used as a representation of the Egyptian monarchy, and this finding was seen as a curse in response to Carter’s intrusion.
Get your scare on with this brilliantly designed horror series designed two-ounce silver rounds from the Intaglio Mint.
*Coin condition is based on our professional opinion. Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers may vary*