Intaglio Mint - Horror Series: Frankenstein - BU (2oz Silver)
- Country: United States
- Period: Federal Republic (1776-Date)
- Type: Silver Bullion
- Mint: Intaglio Mint - Waco, Texas
- Composition: .999 Silver
- Diameter: 39mm
- Weight: 62.2g
- Edge: Reeded
- Condition: Brilliant Uncirculated - BU
- Obverse: A depiction of the Frankenstein monster in a classic theatrical pose, wearing a tattered jacket, chest exposed showing his many scars
- Reverse: Intaglio Mint logo set on radial burst surrounded by stippled border reading “TWO TROY OUNCE” above and “.999 FINE SILVER” below on textured background, flanked by mintage year in roman numerals
Frankenstein’s monster is a fictional character who first appeared in Mary Shelley’s 1818 novel, Frankenstein. Shelley’s title thus compares the monster’s creator, Victor Frankenstein, to the mythological character Prometheus, who fashioned humans out of clay and gave them fire.
In Shelley’s Gothic story, Victor Frankenstein builds the creature in his laboratory through an ambiguous method consisting of chemistry and alchemy. Shelley describes the monster as 8-foot-tall and hideously ugly, but sensitive and emotional. The monster attempts to fit into human society but is shunned, which leads him to seek revenge against Frankenstein.
Frankenstein’s monster became iconic in popular culture and has been featured in various forms of media, including films, television series, merchandise, and video games.
Get your scare on with this brilliantly designed horror series designed two-ounce silver rounds from the Intaglio Mint.
*Coin condition is based on our professional opinion. Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers may vary*