2022 Chad 10,000 Francs - Van Gogh: Starry Night Over The Rhone (2oz Silver)
- Country: Republic of Chad
- Period: Republic (1960-Date)
- Type: Non-Circulating Coin
- Years: 2022
- Mint: Precious Metal Collectors - Singapore
- Denomination: 10,000 CFA
- Currency: CFA franc (Bank of Central African States, 1973-date)
- Composition: .999 Silver w/ Copper (2oz Silver; 33.5oz Copper)
- Diameter: 110mm x 145mm
- Weight: 1000g
- Edge: Smooth
- Mintage: 500
- Condition: New - Mint Packaging
- Obverse: Features a beautiful reproduction of Van Gogh's "Starry Night Over The Rhone" the picture is delivered in textured relief which means that not a single brush stroke is lost in the transfer
- Reverse: Presents an original design depicting a portrait of the artist himself and the theme of this collectible, Starry Night over the Rhone, in a currency note style as the design of the legal tender, featuring the Coat of Arms du Tchad
- Antiqued Silver Frame
Vincent van Gogh was a post-Impressionist painter who captured the essence of the natural world through his brushstrokes. He was an artist who saw the world in color, and it's no wonder that he's considered one of the most renowned and respected artists in history. Van Gogh completed more than 2,100 works, consisting of oil paintings, watercolor drawings, and sketches, each one brimming with emotion, movement, and a unique view of the world.
In a letter to his brother Theo, van Gogh described the beauty and wonder of his painting "Starry Night over the Rhone". His words paint a vivid picture of the stillness of the night, the movement of the water, and the colors that seem to dance on the canvas. He wrote of the "glittering stars on the deep blue sky" and the "reflections in the water that bring a tremulous movement". Van Gogh's passion for painting and his love for the natural world are evident in every stroke of this masterpiece.
As you gaze upon a replica of "Starry Night over the Rhone", you can't help but feel the emotions that van Gogh poured into his work. This beautiful piece is a limited edition, crafted using a unique minting technique called "Bi-Metal Max". The combination of 33.5 oz of copper as a base with a top painting layer of 2 oz of 999 pure silver creates a realistic relief that perfectly captures the essence of the original artwork. The frame surrounding the painting is also rendered perfectly in two different finishes, antiqued silver and gold plated, adding to the overall beauty and elegance of this collectible.
This stunning piece is not just a work of art, but a reflection of the artist himself. Van Gogh once said, "I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart." He was a man who devoted his life to his art, and his legacy lives on through his masterpieces. So why not bring a piece of van Gogh's brilliance into your home with this limited edition replica of "Starry Night over the Rhone"? With only 500 pieces available, this collectible is not only a beautiful addition to any art collection, but a piece of history that you'll treasure for years to come.
*Coin condition is based on our professional opinion. Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers may vary*
Currently Out of Stock