2021 St. Helena £1 - Napolean Bonaparte Bee - 1oz Silver Proof
- Country: Saint Helena - Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- Queen: Elizabeth II (1952-Date)
- Type: Non-Circulating Coin
- Years: 2021
- Mint: The East India Companay - London
- Denomination: 1 SHP
- Currency: Saint Helena Pound (1976-Date)
- Composition: .999 Silver
- Diameter: 38.6mm
- Weight: 31.1g
- Edge: Reeded
- Mintage: 1,000
- Condition: New - Mint Packaging
- Obverse: Depicts the right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the year of issue and the face value
- Reverse: The monogram of the Napoleon bee is surrounded by a laurel wreath with a crown on top and an orb at the bottom over a field of bees. A symbol of immortality and resurrection, Napoleon chose the bee as his symbol to link his dynasty with the ancient royals of France
Introducing the 2021 St. Helena £1 - Napoleon Bonaparte Bee - 1oz Silver Proof coin, a magnificent tribute to the historic and controversial leader, Napoleon Bonaparte. This .999 Silver coin is the first release of the Napoleon Bee coin series and is crafted from 1 oz of .999 fine Silver with a stunning Proof finish. With a limited mintage of just 1,000 coins, this coin is a remarkable collector's piece that commemorates the legacy of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Napoleon Bonaparte: Napoleon was a prominent military leader and the emperor of France. He rose to power during the tumultuous period of the French Revolution and went on to crown himself emperor in 1804. During his rule, he expanded the French Empire through a series of military campaigns. However, his reign was marked by controversy, and he was eventually exiled, first to the island of Elba and later to the remote island of Saint Helena, where he passed away at the age of 51. The year 2021 marked the 200th anniversary of Napoleon's death, and his legacy remains a subject of historical fascination. He is interred in Paris, where his final resting place is guarded by 12 stone angels.
The East India Company: The historic East India Company is renowned for its role in facilitating trade between Europe and Asia. It was instrumental in the exchange of various commodities, including silk, spices, tea, and cotton. While the original East India Company disbanded in the 1800s, its name has been revitalized for The East India Company London, which represents a reimagined company. Today, it specializes in offering fine teas, gourmet foods, and producing collectible coins such as this Silver Proof coin.
This coin not only commemorates Napoleon Bonaparte but also pays homage to the rich history of The East India Company. With its limited mintage and exquisite design, the 2021 St. Helena Napoleon Bee Silver Proof coin is a must-have for collectors and history enthusiasts. Add this remarkable coin to your collection today and own a piece of history.
*Coin condition is based on our professional opinion. Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers may vary*