2021 Republic of Chad 10,000 Francs - Hatched Velociraptor - 2oz Silver
- Country: Republic of Chad
- Period: Republic (1960-Date)
- Type: Non-Circulating Coin
- Years: 2021
- Denomination: 10,000 CFA
- Currency: CFA Franc (Bank of Central African States 1973-Date)
- Composition: .999 Silver
- Irregular Shape: 34 x 45mm
- Weight: 62.2g
- Edge: Smooth
- Mintage: 500
- Condition: New - Mint Packaging
- Obverse: Displays the Coat of Arms of REPUBLIQUE DU TCHAD, the release year 2021 and the face value of 10,000 Francs CFA. The coin’s shape and design captures the moment of a velociraptor’s birth as its head cracks through the top of the eggshell
- Reverse: Features the cracked eggshell open more, revealing velociraptor’s body as it struggles to free itself from its confines
The Velociraptor is a relatively small dinosaur as compared to others of its species. It grows up to a height of two and a half feet, closing up to an average person’s waist. The Velociraptor is believed to have been a swift and agile hunter of small herbivores, who mainly hunted by using its sharp sense of smell and sickle-shaped claws to pierce and pin down their prey.
The head of the baby Velociraptor dinosaur emerges from the shell while its body stays curled within the egg. Its eyes are crafted in sharp detail, an expression of cautious aggression showing through. The body of the baby dinosaur remains curled up comfortably, with delicate indentations on the shell of the egg to signify the hatching process. The obverse features the legal tender, the Coat of Arms du Tchad.
This piece is crafted with 2 oz of 999 pure silver and die-cut with fine precision to deliver its engraved details in a super-high relief, before being topped off with antiqued silver finishing.
*Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers will vary*