2021 Niue $5 - Honey Bee 2oz Antique Silver - Mint XXI
- Country: Niue
- Queen: Elizabeth II (1952-Date)
- Type: Non-Circulating Coin
- Years: 2021
- Mint: Mint XXI
- Denomination: 5 NZD
- Currency: New Zealand Dollar (1987-Date)
- Composition: .999 Silver
- Diameter: 45.0mm
- Weight: 62.2g
- Edge: Smooth
- Mintage: 500
- Condition: New - Mint Packaging
- Obverse: The Effigy of HM Queen Elizabeth II; date, country, and denomination
- Reverse: Many honey bees, who are working to pollinate the crop and produce honey. The selective gilding technique successfully emphasizes the fruitful results of their hard work.
For thousands of years, a man and bee have lived side by side, even working together to make and harvest honey. The bee reminds us to take the honey of life and make our own lives meaningful and fertile. In other words, bees tell us to enjoy what we do, whatever it may be.
The bee is also very much associated with the feminine, fertility, growth, and motherhood. The queen bee is often the sole survivor when winter arrives, and she is the one to build the new hive in the spring. The queen is the reason for most of these associations, if not all since she is responsible for taking care of the hive. Bees’ pollination leads us to fertility and it is perfectly represented on this coin. Honey bees possess a strong symbolism, as they play a great role in nature. Without pollination, the ecosystem will not survive. That is why the honey bee symbolizes fertility and life.
Get inspired by the famous quote of William Blake: “The busy bee has no time for sorrow.”
*Coin condition is based on our professional opinion. Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers may vary*
Currently Out of Stock