2020 Canada $20 - Unexplained Phenomena: Clarenville Event - Royal Canadian Mint
- Country: Canada
- Queen: Elizabeth II (1952-Date)
- Type: Non-Circulating Coin
- Years: 2020
- Mint: Royal Canadian Mint
- Denomination: 20 CAD
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (1858-Date)
- Composition: .9999 Silver
- Weight: 31.56g
- Edge: Smooth
- Mintage: 5,000
- Condition: New - Mint Packaging
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II
- Reverse: The reverse design by Adam Young is an artistic representation of a 1978 UFO event that took place in Clarenville, N.L. Rendered in a colorful and expressive art style, the landscape-oriented image shows the event from the perspective of the witnesses, including the RCMP officer whose police cruiser appears in the bottom right corner. The oval-shaped craft is seen hovering over Random Sound on a clear night. Black light-activated technology adds a bright glow to the mysterious object and its illuminated reflection on the water
- Blacklight Included!
Enhanced with black light-activated technology, the Royal Canadian Mint's third Unexplained Phenomena coin is a colourful retelling of a famous Canadian UFO event. The 1978 Clarenville Incident is a compelling account that can't be easily dismissed since it involved several witnesses, including an RCMP officer who described a strange sight that has never been satisfactorily explained.
October 26, 1978, 1:45 a.m.: Responding to a call, RCMP Constable James Blackwood arrived at the scene in Clarenville, N.L., where witnesses directed his attention to a brightly lit object in the sky. Using binoculars and a high-powered scope, they observed the fin-tailed, oval-shaped craft as it hovered above the water near Random Island. It emitted no sound; and when the officer flashed the lightbar on his police cruiser, the mysterious craft instantly mimicked the lights. It remained in the area for nearly an hour before rising up suddenly and vanishing into the night, leaving no trace of its passage; except a credible eyewitness account.
*Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers will vary*