2015 Niue $100 - Mickey Mouse: Steamboat Willie (1 Kilo Silver) - NGC PF69UC
- Grading Service: Numismatic Guaranty Corporation - NGC
- Grade: Proof 69 Ultra Cameo - PF69UC
- Certification: 5966653-001
- Country: Niue
- Queen: Elizabeth II (1952-Date)
- Type: Non-Circulating Coin
- Years: 2015
- Mint: New Zealand Mint - Auckland
- Denomination: 100 NZD
- Currency: New Zealand Dollar (1987-Date)
- Composition: .999 Silver
- Diameter: 100mm
- Weight: 1000g
- Edge: Reeded with serial number
- Mintage: 1,928
- Condition: New - Mint Packaging
- Obverse: Bust of Elizabeth II to right, date below, denomination to right, country above
- Reverse: Scene from "Steamboat Willie", metal weight and fineness below
- Includes Original Mint Packaging!
Released in New York on 18 November 1928, Steamboat Willie was directed by Walt Disney and is considered the debut of one of the world’s most recognisable cartoon characters, Mickey Mouse, and a landmark in the history of animation.
Steamboat Willie has been at the helm of Disney animation from the early days, steering it forward through the seas of imagination.
Through the decades since its release, Steamboat Willie has received widespread critical acclaim, not only for introducing one of the world’s most popular cartoon characters, but for its innovation. In 1994, Steamboat Willie was voted 13th greatest cartoon of all time.
This officially licensed 1kg silver coin features a meticulously sculptured still frame of Mickey Mouse at the wheel in Disney’s Steamboat Willie from 1928. Wrapped around the top of the coin is the engraved name of this breakthrough cartoon and the year of its release.
With a very limited mintage of only 1,928 coins, don’t miss your opportunity to own a piece of Mickey Mouse history.
*Coin condition is based on our professional opinion. Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers may vary*