The Trap with the Golden Bait
By Roman Booteen
The video of the original coin from Roman Booteen has been a viral giant among the likes of Facebook and Twitter. The video shows the entrancing beauty of a hemispherical coin with a smaller gold coin at the center. The golden coin is pressed downward and the hidden teeth leap from the coin to entrap it's victim.
The obverse is a domed Morgan Dollar, featuring the iconic eagle. But it is the reverse that is the real star. It features a 1945 Gold Dos Peso core, surrounded by a spring-loaded finger trap. With the trap open, it becomes part of the border work, but try to steal the gold bait and it snaps shut. Never before has a Hobo Nickel existed with such unique sculpting and functionality.
Around the circumference, a matching inscription by Sir Walter Scott reads: AURUM MULTO MAGIS ANIMAS PERDIDIT QUAM FERRUM CORPORA CECIDIT. The meaning - “Gold has killed more souls than iron”.
- Authorized, licensed reproduction of Roman Booteen's original Trap Coin
- One-of-a-kind working trap mechanism
- Includes original Morgan Dollar
- Includes original Dos Pesos 1/20 Troy ounce gold coin
- Bezel, Jaws & Trap cast from 20 grams of 925 silver
- Bronze Scepter to trigger trap and easel for display
- Includes certificate of authenticity
- Limited to only 999 replicas, individually laser-etched with serial number
- Includes collector's wooden box
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty on the moving parts
**Pictures are representative of the coin and item that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly.**