2021 Australia $1 - AC/DC: 45th anniversary - Silver Proof
- Country: Australia
- Queen: Elizabeth II (1952-Date)
- Type: Non-Circulating Coin
- Years: 2021
- Mint: Royal Australian Mint - Canberra (1965-Date)
- Denomination: 1 AUD
- Currency: Australian Dollar (1966-Date)
- Composition: .999 Silver
- Diameter: 40mm
- Weight: 31.1g
- Edge: Reeded
- Mintage: 30,000
- Condition: New - Mint Packaging
- Obverse: 6th crowned portrait of HM Queen Elizabeth II facing right, wearing the George IV State Diadem and the Victorian Coronation Necklace
- Reverse: Various AC/DC Iconic images from albums released in the last 45 years including Barbed Wire, Parrot, Cannon & Angus Young on his Gibson Guitar
- Commemorative Issue: AC/DC 45th Anniversary
The Royal Australian Mint is celebrating the milestone anniversaries of six AC/DC albums with six unique coin tributes, and a limited edition silver frosted uncirculated coin.
The Royal Australian Mint Chief Executive Officer, Ross MacDiarmid, said “the Mint is proud to be issuing coin tributes to the vinyls that have electrified generations of music lovers. These coins will be highly sought after by rock ‘n’ roll fans and gift buyers alike”.
This year marks 45 years since AC/DC released their debut album High Voltage. The band’s second album T.N.T also clocks up its sapphire anniversary at the end of the year. Dirty Deeds Done Cheap will reach the milestone in 2021.
With these new coin releases, the Mint is marking these significant anniversaries; plus 40 years since the release of Back in Black and 25 years since the release of Ballbreaker, as well as the pending Ruby anniversary of For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) in 2021.
*Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive, actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers will vary*
Currently Out of Stock