1950-1969 Jamaica 1/2 Penny - WTC Ground Zero Recovery - PCGS Certified
- Grading Service: Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS
- Grade: Certified
- Certification: Various
- Country: Jamaica
- Queen: Elizabeth II (1952-Date)
- Type: Standard Circulation Coin
- Years: 1950-1969
- Mint: Royal Mint Tower Hill - London, United Kingdom (1810-1975)
- Denomination: 1/2 Penny
- Currency: Pound (1822-1969)
- Composition: Nickel Brass
- Diameter: 22.5mm
- Weight: 4.5g
- Edge: Smooth
- Obverse: Crowned portrait of young Queen Elizabeth II facing right (1950-1952: Crowned head of King George VI facing left)
- Reverse: Coat of Arms divides date within a beaded circle
- Reference: KM# 34, 36, 38, 41 (Chosen at random from available inventory)
If you could own a coin from a significant piece of history, would you? Courtesy of an incredible opportunity, you actually can. Stored in the vaults in the COMEX depository, the Jamaican Half-Pennies were recovered from Ground Zero at the World Trade Center site. When the vaults were finally found, an army of federal agents and armed guards surrounded the recovered coins and a small convoy of armored cars transported them to a secret location for safekeeping.
These coins were struck between 1950-1969 and have been certified and pedigreed by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as World Trade Center (WTC) Ground Zero Recovery coins. Each has been sonically sealed in an acrylic capsule and bears an exclusive pedigreed label.
These coins are true pieces of history that miraculously survived the horrendous attack on America. Through these coins you’ll be able to preserve and pass on to future generations a critical moment in our nation’s history so that they will never forget what happened, and make sure it never happens again! Think about it, you will ALWAYS remember where you were and what you were doing when the World Trade Center Towers collapsed on that fateful day.
These are the most affordable of the coins recovered from the World Trade Center. Secure yours today and mark one of the most important days in modern U.S. history.
*Coin condition is based on our professional opinion. Pictures are representative of the coin that you will receive (Obv. Elizabeth II or George VI), actual coin may differ slightly, and serial numbers may vary*